Technology has had an undeniably strong impact on the fashion world in recent years, and as many of the lines between the two industries begin to blur, it begs the question: Which innovations and advances are inspiring the product designs of the other?
It wasn’t long ago that finding a good-looking case for one of the many Intel-inspired Ultrabooks™ was a bit challenging, but now there seem to be scads of great options popping up at well-known retailers all over the web.
Even some of the most well-known luxury shopping sites (Kate Spade, Saks 5th Ave, Nordstrom) have entire shop-able sections labeled “Tech Accessories”, and if that weren’t enough: design-mogul Diane von Furstenberg is even known for creating a special luxury handbag around the massive growth in popularity of tablet devices just a few seasons ago.
For a style-focused small business owner who needs to be ready to hit the road at a moment’s notice, I can attest to the importance of keeping your gear safe AND chic, so I’ve rounded up just a few of the best carrying cases, protective devices, and other tech accessories that I could find.
- Laptop bags // Marni Portfolio handbag ($540), Kate Spade Quilted tech-tote ($498), Filson computer bag ($275)
- Laptop Sleeves // Ben Minkoff laptop sleeve ($65), Ted Baker ‘Typewriter’ laptop sleeve ($45), Diane Von Furstenberg laptop sleeve ($225)
- Camera bags // Lo & Sons Mini-backpack ($350), Derek Lam Box camera case ($1390), Rebecca Minkoff camera bag ($195)
- Tablet cases // Diane Von Furstenberg Harper Connect handbag ($725), Valentino Bow tablet sleeve ($250), Tory Burch tablet satchel ($295)
- Miscellaneous // Kate Spade Ring-shaped USB ($50), Kate Spade Ring-shaped USB ($50), Arrow earbuds, ($10) Men’s USB cuff ($38), D&G mahogany head phones
- If you’re an Ultrabook-owner looking for a more budget-friendly, customizable take on the trend, consider making your own DIY laptop sleeves using one of these tutorials!
These are just a few of the options that are perfect for the girl or guy on-the-go, whether you’re traveling the globe or just setting up at the coffee shop across the street. With the recent advances in Ultrabook technology and it’s thinner-than-ever size plus a stunningly sleek shape, you’ll be fitting right in with the most tech-savvy and fashionable in no time at all!
Jessie Artigue is a style expert & creative consultant with a variety of interactive/digital experience in both the fashion, beauty & lifestyle industries. Her most notable projects are her widely-read personal style blog “Style & Pepper“, her 2012 stint as the spokesperson for Harper’s BAZAAR’s 12-city on-air trend tour, and regular guest speaking in the New Media program at NYU. Jessie would not be complete without: her favorite husband, spicy food, good stand-up comedy, and frequent runs along the Hudson River with her pup.